This is a favorite at my vegetarian in laws home, and also my meat loving family’s home. This is in no way a waist friendly recipe but it’s creamy with pops of sweet corn and spicy serranos and balances all your tastebuds.
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese (2 boxes)
- Sour cream (6 oz)
- Frozen Roasted Corn from trader Joes (one bag)
- 4 Serranos (blended with seeds removed if you want less spice)
- Garlic powder (two tea spoons)
- Mexican Cheese blend (one bag)
- Heavy whipping cream (one cup)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Croutons (one bag)
- Butter (two tablespoons)
- Set out cream cheese and frozen corn (we use Trader Joes frozen roasted corn but anything you have on hand will do) to reach room temperature. I like to do this the night before to ensure everything has optimal time.
- In a food processor or by hand crush 1 bag of croutons until they look like breadcrumbs (we use Garlic and Herb flavored but feel free to use your favorite brand and favorite flavor).
- Melt butter over stovetop and mix in bread crumbs. Now set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add 1 cup of Mexican blend shredded cheese to the bread crumbs and set aside later to use as the topping.
- Take a large bowl and mix cream cheese, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, blended serranos (if you don't have serranos on hand, you can also use jalapeños), garlic powder, salt, and pepper with either a hand mixer or in your kitchen aid.
- Once the mixture seems nice and fluffy, fold in the entire bag of corn and remainder of the cheese.
- Now spread your mixture into a baking pan and sprinkle generously with your bread crumb topping.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Make sure the outside is golden brown and crispy and the inside is bubbling hot.
- Now serve straight out of the baking dish with tortilla chips, pita chips and baked crostini.
If you don't have Serranos, use jalapeños or any other spicy green pepper you have on hand. Take the seeds and ribbing out or leave them in depending on how spicy you like you dip.
I blend my peppers because I feel it flavors the dip more completely this way and because its easier than chopping a bunch of spicy green peppers.
If you don't have time to bring your cream cheese to room temperature, take it out in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals until it is soft and pliable.