Curry fried rice is a favorite take out item in our house because everyone from the parents to the toddler love it but it is full of carbs! I decided to make a healthier version but I also wanted it to be quick. I use a pre-packaged frozen cauliflower fried rice. I prefer the one from Costco but any brand will do fine because we add tons of flavors in the cooking process.
- 1 bag of cauliflower fried rice
- 1 tbs of cooking oil
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1/2 tbs of ginger paste
- 1/2 tbs of curry powder
- 1 tbs of umami seasoning from trader joes
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tbs of honey
- 2 eggs beaten
- 10 basil leaves torn
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium heat.
- Heat oil.
- Add diced onions, garlic, and ginger paste.
- Saute until onions are translucent and the garlic and ginger are lightly browned.
- Add frozen cauliflower fried rice and raise the heat to high heat.
- Toss the cauliflower fried rice while cooking it for about 10 minutes. You want the edges to turn a bit brown and crispy and cooked through.
- At this point turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Add curry powder, garlic powder, and umami powder.
- Toss everything well and move it to the edges of the pan.
- Add sesame oil to the center and add beaten eggs.
- Scramble the eggs in the center while pulling the cauliflower rice in as the eggs cook.
- Add honey and toss. This is also the time you can add crushed pepper if you want to add spice to your rice.
- Add torn basil, mix, and serve!