Masala Queso is cheesy and dreamy! It has tons of flavor and is an easy way to introduce your friends and family to Indian flavors and foods.
It is a great easy appetizer and takes almost no time to put together. I tend to make this when we have surprise guests or when we just want an indulgent snack on weekends.
This is a super easy recipe because we tend to have all the ingredients at home anyway and you can use any cheese you have on hand. Serve it with crackers or chips! Even little naan dippers would be great! But my favorite way is over a large plate full of fries!
I like to use the leftovers in quesadillas or mac and cheese! The options are endless!
- 1/2 onion diced fine
- 2 Jalapenos diced fine
- 1/2 bell pepper diced fine
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of milk
- 1.5 cups of freshly shredded cheese
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- Cilantro for garnish
- salt to taste
- Heat a pot of medium heat.
- Add 3 tbs of butter and melt.
- Add diced onions, diced bell peppers, and diced jalapenos.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until everything is soft and translucent.
- Add turmeric, garlic powder, ground cumin, and garam masala and saute for about a minute.
- Add flour and stir for about 2 minutes until the flour is toasty and the raw smell has cooked out. If your mixture is too dry, add another tbs of butter.
- Now add your milk and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off the stove now and move your pot off the hot stove.
- Now add the cheese and stir until it has fully melted.
- Taste and add salt according to taste.
- Top with cilantro and serve!