I have an obsession with Rooh Afza, a sweet rose flavored syrup that I try to stay as far away from as possible because of the calories and sugar content. But when ramadan rolls around I just can’t stay away. This year I wanted some healthy ways to still have my Rooh Afza instead of mixing a cup of it a jug of water and chugging it down so I tried my hand at a chia seed pudding and it turned out soo good and not only really hit the spot but it’s also packed with some great superfoods.
- 4 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 cup of desired liquid (I use almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon of hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons of Rooh Afza
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- Pistachios for garnish
- Cashews for garnish
- Combine almond milk with chia seeds, hemp hearts, cardamom powder, and Rooh Afza well. Make sure all the chia seeds are well hydrated and covered in liquid.
- Leave overnight in your fridge, if you don't have the patience then leave it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with chopped cashews and pistachios. Enjoy!
You can use regular milk, soy milk, cashew milk, or any milk substitute you like and have on hand.