This Indian classic is made in a quick easy way so my picky eater can have it whenever he wants! This dish is also a hit with everyone who has ever tried it and so is now my go to for large parties since its very easy to scale.
- 1 pack of Eggroll Wrappers
- Half pack of frozen paneer (I prefer the Vadilal brand, should be easy to find at your local indian grocery store)
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas, thawed and washed
- 1 onion diced fine
- 2 small plum tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons of Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric
- 2 teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons of Ground Coriander
- 2 teaspoons of Garam Masala
- 1 in piece of Ginger grated
- 4 cloves of Garlic grated
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Red chilli powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of oil for cooking
- Heat pan on medium heat and add oil.
- Add diced onions and cook until translucent but not brown.
- Add diced tomatoes, and grated ginger and garlic and cook until all the water has evaporated and the oil starts to separate.
- Add turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander, garam masala and red chili powder and cook for about a minute, being careful that the spices don't burn.
- Add paneer, make sure to crush the paneer between your fingers as you add it to the pan.
- Add peas and combine and cook on low heat with lid on .
- Add salt and fenugreek leaves, crush between your fingers as you add it.
- Make sure mixture is nice and dry.
- Wrap in egg roll wrappers tightly and fry at medium heat until they are crispy and golden. Serve with sweet tamarind chutney.