These delicious Kebabs are my go to when my family is wanting to eat something healthy and I am looking to make something that is easy. These are great because I just take out a portion of the mix before adding the green chilis and they become toddler friendly.
- 1 pack of ground chicken
- 6 cloves of Garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 6 Thai Chilis
- Handful of Cilantro
- Handful of Mint
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1 Egg
- Oil for cooking
- In a small chopper, pulse garlic cloves, ginger, cilantro and mint until it has a very fine chop to it.
- Slice your Thai Chilis into thin circles.
- Put ground chicken in a large mixing bowl.
- Add salt, ground cumin, ground coriander, chopped garlic, ginger, cilantro, mint, egg, Thai Chilis (you can wait to add these till the end if you need to separate a non spicy portion).
- Mix the mixture vigorously with your fingers in circular motions until it is well combined. Unlike ground meat for burgers you want to over mix this a little.
- Form oblong, cylinder like shapes with half cup of mixture per kebab.
- With just a little bit of oil, cook the kebabs on all sides until they are brown and cooked all the way through.
- Serve warm or room temperature with lemon on the side.
When mixing the ground chicken, be a bit aggressive it makes the kebabs hold better. I know this goes against everything we are normally taught but it really does help the texture.
You can refrigerate the mix for up to 2 days before you make the kebabs if need be.
You can form your kebabs and freeze them on a baking sheet before transferring them to a zip lock bag.
Make sure everything is chopped fine, you dont want large pieces.